Flutterby

Hiya  Folks, hope you are all well?!  I'm here this morning with a new creation. Last month I came Top three on the Indigo Blu Challenge and was so thrilled to be asked if I was able to do an inspirational piece for their new Flutterby Challenge! Well I couldn't say no ... so here is what I created ... A little upcycled heart box.  I altered the box with the focal point being ''Big Butterfly'' ... very apt for this challenge!! Here is the final result...

Project

Products Used

Indigo Blu - ''Big Butterfly'', ''Crackleglaze'' and ''Honeycomb'' stamps and White Gee Sso

Docrafts - ''Pearl Blush'' acrylic paint

Tim Holtz - ''Rusty Hinge'' distress ink and ''Raspberry, Mountain Rose, Sunshine Yellow & Gold'' alcohol inks

Pinflair - ''Antique Silver'' buff-it

Versamark - Clear Ink

Stampendous - ''Aged Green'' and ''Aged Copper'' embossing enamel

Crafter's Companion - Heat resistant acetate

Britannia - Rose leaf die

Prima - Flower

Laura Ashley - Brads

Papermania - Flower border

First of all, I coated the box, inside and out, with the white Gee Sso. Once dry I painetd over using the acrylic paint. Whilst waiting for it to dry, I stamped the butterfly on to the acetate and embossed with the aged copper enamel. I carefully cut round about it. I then applied the various alcohol inks to cover the clear areas and put to one side. I then stamped over the lid using the crackleglaze stamp and rusty hinge ink. Then I stamped over parts of the lid using the honeycomb stamp and versamark ink, embossing with aged green enamel. I added hessian lace round the bottom of the box and Papermania flower border. To finish off I added the flower, brads, leaves and skeleton leaves to one corner and placed the finished butterfly to the other ... Ta da .. one finished altered heart box....hope this has inspired you to have a go!!

More Photos

Thanks so much for stopping by and hope that you have enjoyed my post!

Please pop over to theIndigo Blu Challenge blog and join in the fun!!

Till the next time

''Happy Crafting''

Krafty Hugs

Donna

xxx

I am entering this in to the following Challenges:-

Crafting Musketeers Challenge - #27 Anything Goes N

Craft Stamper Take It Make It Challenge - July Anything Goes N

Creative Ladybirds Creations Challenge - #5 N

LihatTutupKomentar